Who we are
St. John’s Cathedral Counselling Service is an Outreach Ministry of St. John’s Cathedral
St John’s Cathedral Counselling Service (SJCCS) is a self-sufficient Non-Profit Organisation. We have over 40 years’ experience providing professional counselling and psychotherapy services to community members in Hong Kong regardless of age, race, gender, nationality, residence status, religion, faith and income.
We offer counselling for a range of areas including marital and relationship issues, substance abuse and addiction, mood and anxiety disorders, PTSD and mental health problems, grief, mediation and co-parenting for divorced couples, eating disorders, anger management, special education needs, sexuality, academic and psychological testing and assessment, work stress, life coaching and other life challenges. We have over 40 qualified counsellors, therapists, clinical social workers and psychologists offering services in 13 languages and dialects.
Our services include:
- Individual, Couple and Family Counselling
- School-based Counselling Services
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Psychological Testing and Assessment for Special Education Needs
- Pre-marital Counselling Programs
- Mediation Services
- Professional Training and Consultation
- Community talks and workshops
- Critical incident intervention for schools and corporates
- Group programs in areas including skills training and support groups
We are open Monday to Saturday from 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM. All counselling sessions are by appointment only – we do not provide walk-in and crisis counselling services. Holidays and Sunday appointments are by special arrangement. SJCCS strives to provide mental health services at affordable prices. To book an appointment to work with a counsellor or psychologist, please fill in the online form at our Contact Page or call our office during our opening hours at (+852) 2525 7207.
For directions to our office in Central, please see the Contact Page.